Home                  Who I Am                  Contact Me

Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Ol' Rubes

myFor those of you blog readers who just look at my pictures and skip over any of the text ( which i totally do for some blogs ) this post will sadly disappoint. So sorry in advance and just hold tight for my next  post that will be less chatter and more pictures.

With that being said....My Rant about Ruby.

 I was driving into work today with my tank full of the smallest amount of gas. Small as in my purchase was paid with  in mostly dimes. ( left my wallet in someones yard. long story. the gist of it - I had to use my coin jar to pay for my gas to get to DM ) Anywho - While I am driving it starts POURING outside. I'm talking the kind of rain where you can't see anything and you're contemplating whether or not to pull over
Now, for those of you who don't know me or Ruby ( my spicey red car)  that well, let me share a little tid bit about her. Ruby's driver side window fell off it's track sometime this winter. It been held up with tape that has been reapplied a few times. Yes, it looks horribly tacky. Yes, I'm too cheap to get it fixed. I was fine with it. Until this morning. When it decided to fall down about 5 miles on my drive from Ames to Des Moines. at 8 am. It didn't just fall down all of a sudden either. It started creeping it's way down, which led me to an intense panic. I had one hand on the wheel trying to navigate the monsoon and the other hand trying to hold up the glass of my window. It was miserable. Once I got to Ankeny my hand and arm hurt so bad I had to let go. Thankfully I did nothing to get ready this morning for work and my hair was still wet from my shower. So the rain wasn't too bad.  Needless to say, I walked into work not in the best of moods.
I then had a disciplinary meeting about calling in for my shifts for last weekend to go to the Damstetter Wedding in Chicago. ( ps. SOOOOO WORTH IT ) So as i sit here at 1:15 am and look back to my hellish day I can't help but think of a quote that I like from Dolly Parton.  
" The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

All I can say is: my rainbow better.be.huge

 Very cool picture that is unfortunely not mine.

2 comments:

Melissa Nord said...

ooh alli :( your poor spicey red car! seriously... only you would have that kind of luck. AND- only you would look on the bright side after all that crap :) i have no doubt that your rainbow will be HUGE!! :)

and a disciplinary meeting, really?? come on.

p.s. i am so, so glad that i've been stalking you for three days in a row now. every day i get on this thing, there's something new for me!

FawnB said...

I seriously think we were separated at birth,are you my twin? I'm feeling a Parent Trap moment after reading your blog! I'm not sure if I enjoy your pictures more or your blog.. I'll get back to you when I decide :)