Home                  Who I Am                  Contact Me

Friday, July 23, 2010

Riding the Roller Coaster of Doubt.

When I made this new blog, and I took on this new adventure I asked if you would join me for the ride. I knew this ride would be a long one. I knew it would be full of learning, but I also knew that it would be an exciting one. What I didn't know was that my confidence would join in for the highs and lows There have been times when I'm looked at my some of my pictures with great pride and thought " I would love to have a picture like that of me."  But then there are times when I am sitting in the basement of my little house sifting through pictures that I have just took and I'm overcome with discouragement. I start comparing my pictures to other photographers and wonder if my work will ever look as great as theirs. Will my pictures ever be as crisp as theirs? Will they ever be completely in focus? Will they ever be good enough? I scroll through photography blogs and I'm amazed and in awe of their creativity and wonder how they continue to be so initiative . I know, I know.... it's so easy to get down on yourself when you start comparing yourself to others. And I shouldn't be envious of their work and brilliance, I should focus on myself and on honing my own craft.
But sometimes that's really hard.

This picture is hysterical.  But girl,  I know how you're feeling.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I just happened to stumble across your blog after googling images of treading water but I just couldn't go past this entry without commenting.

I think your work is amazing and if it wasn't for a little thing called the Pacific Ocean I'd book you in an instant to take some photos of my little family. You have serious talent and I don't want to see you self doubting yourself again :)